Ordering and receiving your horse's prescription is quick and easy with B&W.
We can prescribe medicines on prescription for your horse if necessary, after they have had an initial assessment.
Each of our clinics operate a small pharmacy which is supported by the pharmacy at our Hospital in Breadstone. This means prescriptions can be collected from any of our clinics or can be posted out directly to you.
Terms and Conditions for prescription medicines:
- You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
- The general policy of B&W Equine Vets is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for a repeat prescription examination is £31.64
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.
Prescriptions by collection or post
Please allow 24 hours for us to process a prescription and make the medications available to you. We must adhere to strict legal guidelines when dispensing medication and all prescriptions must be signed off by a vet.