Call your local clinic to book an appointment:
Breadstone: 01453 811867
Cardiff: 01443 225010
Failand: 01275 392 956
Stretcholt: 01278 229129
Willesley: 01666 880501
Ordering and receiving your horse's prescription is quick and easy with B&W.
We can prescribe medicines on prescription for your horse if necessary, after they have had an initial assessment.
Each of our clinics operate a small pharmacy which is supported by the pharmacy at our Hospital in Breadstone. This means prescriptions can be collected from any of our clinics or can be posted out directly to you (P&P applies).
Terms and Conditions for prescription medicines:
- You may obtain relevant veterinary medicinal products from B&W Equine Vets OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy. Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe relevant veterinary medicinal products only following a clinical assessment of an animal under his/her care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or if immediate treatment is necessary.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be prescribed for your animal.
The general policy of B&W Equine Vets is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions for supplies of relevant veterinary medicinal products every 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for a repeat prescription re-examination is £40 (2020)
- The standard charge for issuing an initial prescription to be fulfilled elsewhere is £18.00 (2020). The charge for a repeat prescription is £15.50 (2020).
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.
- If ordering your products from an internet retailer we recommend you use a website accredited by the VMD Accredited Internet Retailer Scheme (AIRS).
Prescriptions by collection or post
Please allow 24 hours for us to process a prescription and make the medications available to you. We must adhere to strict legal guidelines when dispensing medication and all prescriptions must be signed off by a vet.